Health Insurance header image

Instructions for Special Events Insurance

Please note:  We do not accept verbal requests for Certificates of Insurance.  If you are requestingSpecial Event Insurance and require a 3rd party insurance, submit the following information below via email to For any further questions reach out to LPCB

  1. Name of State Agency, Department and Bureau
  2. Event or Items being covered
  3. Dates/times
  4. Location (street address)
  5. Certificate Holder/Loss Payee information
  6. Type of coverage


Mexico State Vehicle Travel Certificate of Insurance

If you are using a NM State vehicle and traveling to Mexico, you will need a separate certificate of insurance for each vehicle.  Please use the following steps:

1. Contact James Chavez to obtain a waiver for travel to Mexico 505-660-5562
2. Send waiver & the following info to Risk Management Division, Loss Prevention and Control Bureau via email at

    1. Vehicle make, model, year, and VIN number
    2. Destination location, dates of travel, name of the department or bureau
    3. Traveling contact person name
    4. Phone and fax numbers coordinating the travel

Medical Verification (malpractice insurance)

Please be advised that Risk Management does not track individual physicians or their work locations. For requests regarding verification of Malpractice & claims history, you would have to determine which RMD insured agency the medical professional was associated with. Below are the agencies you may contact to obtain the information you seek once you have located where they were employed

University of NM Hospital (UNMH): You may send your requests directly to They are only able to generate responses for the medical professionals who are/were credentialed with the institution. If the individual you are requesting verification for is regarding a residency, internship or fellowship. You may need to contact UNM Graduate Medical Education at 505-272-6225/FAX 505-272-6581

Miners’ Colfax Medical Center: All requests can be submitted to Lonnie Medina, 575-445-7790 via email at:

NM Department of Health (NMDOH): All requests can be submitted to Adreien Jaramillo, 505-467-9447, or via email at:

You may also contact the State of New Mexico Medical Board at 505-476-7220 or toll free at 800-945-5845. You may also fax your request to 505-476-7237 or via email

For further questions contact Gloria Zuniga, 505-660-4445, or by email


Additional or Third Party Insured

RMD does not have statutory authority to insure third parties.  We believe our authority is limited to insuring those public entities and employees who are eligible to participate in the risk pool and are participating