Duffy Rodriguez, Acting Cabinet Secretary
Duffy Rodriguez, who has decades of experience in state government, is acting secretary of the Department of General Services.
Prior to her appointment, Rodriguez served as secretary of the Department of Finance and Administration. Rodriguez began her career in 1975 as an aide to U.S. Sen. Joseph Montoya, D-N.M., and has worked in the administrations of every New Mexico governor — Democrats and Republicans — since the late 1970s. She was the state Taxation and Revenue secretary in 2010 and deputy secretary of the Department of Health from 2006-10. She also has worked for the State Land Office, the Energy, Minerals and Natural Resources Department, the Legislative Finance Committee and the state House Appropriations and Finance Committee.
Welcome to our website. Whether you are a state employee looking for information about your health benefits, a contractor seeking details on how to do business with the state or a representative of a New Mexico government agency who needs state printing services, we want to make sure you find the information you need.
GSD’s Key Objectives
- Government purchase of goods and services at the lowest possible price to taxpayers.
- Procurements that are fair to all bidders and in accordance with state laws and regulations.
- Promoting and assisting New Mexico businesses in seeking government contracts.
- Modern, well-maintained, energy-efficient and secure buildings for state agencies.
- Reduction in leased office space and associated costs.
- Management of liability claims against public agencies that is fair to both claimants and taxpayers.
- Open and transparent handling of damage claims, to the extent allowed by law.
The General Services Department is committed to providing fast and friendly responses to all inquiries, suggestions and comments that the Office of the Secretary receives from the public and state entities. Please let us know how we can better serve you by Clicking here to submit your comments and filling out an online comment form. Your request will be delivered directly to the Office of the Secretary for review and follow up.