Online Defensive Driving Course Instructions
When registering an employee for Defensive Driving Course, what information will I need to complete registration?
- Full name of individual attending;
- Driver license number;
- Agency Name and Code;
- Name, telephone number, email address (verify information for accuracy) of agency contact person
- Out of state driving history (if Applicable)
What is the cost of this course?
- $30.00 per student (online class)
How/When can we pay for this course?
- We no longer accept PO’ s from the state agencies. We will accept payment in the form of operating transfer only.
- We will no longer accept payments in the form of cash, check or money order. It will be the agencies responsibility to pay for the class and request reimbursement from the student/employee if the student/employee has attended the DDC because of an accident or suspension of their state driving privileges.
How it works?
- Register for online training by filling out the registration form below
- A confirmation of registration will be sent to your email address
- A notice of eligibility with a link to Administrative Use of State Vehicles (Part 1) will be sent to your email address
- You will have 10 business days to complete the Online Training. Your agency will be billed if you fail to complete the Online Training in the allowed time frame
- Once you begin the online training, there will be no cancelations allowed.
- After successfully completing Part 1, you will receive a link to the National Safety Council Online Defensive Driving Course (Part 2)
- Upon successful completion of Part 2, you will receive your Defensive Driving Certificate in the mail.
- Only “New” State Employees
- Anyone who has an expired defensive driving certificate
- Mozilla Firefox, version 12 or later, for Linux, Mac OS X, and Windows
- Google Chrome, version 19 or later, for Windows or Mac OS
- Microsoft Internet Explorer, version 9, for Windows
- Apple Safari, version 5.1 or later, for Mac OS X and Windows
- Adobe Flash Player, version 10 or later
Other browsers might work, but are not supported. If you encounter problems when using a nonsupported browser, try using one of the supported browser versions.
Required Connectivity and Recommended Connection Speeds
Online Defensive Driving is a Web-based application and requires Internet access. For best performance, use a broadband connection such as Cable or DSL
- YouTube.com firewall access
- Firewall – Both Network and local firewalls (hardware/software) could potential block the communication. Please consult with your network administrator or firewall manual how to alter the permissions.
- VPN Connection: Please close the VPN Connection and re-launch the course.