Health Insurance header image

Frequently Asked Questions About Worker’s Compensation

 1. What does an E1 packet contain?

Notice of Accident to be completed as soon as possible by the injured worker.

Employers First Report of Injury to be completed by the employer, not by the injured worker.
The following three forms are to be jointly reviewed and signed by employer and injured worker:
  • Release of Medical Information
  • Benefits Explanation
  • Claims Explanation
 2. Where do I submit the E1 packet?
By mail to:
General Services Department
Risk Management Division
Workers’ Compensation Bureau
PO Box 6850
Santa Fe, NM  87502
By fax to: (505) 827-0685
 3. What doctor can I go see?
Please confirm what policy your agency has in place. Typically we suggest an injured worker choose their own doctor initially after a work related injury.
 4. How do I find out who my adjuster is?
By calling 1-505-827-2711 or 1-800-510-5093, Monday-Friday 8 am- 5pm.
 5. How long does it take for a medical bill to be paid?
Most medical bills are processed for payment within 30 days of receipt by the Workers’ Compensation Bureau.
 6. Who do I contact about my indemnity check?
Contact your claims adjustor.

 7. What should I do if I receive a medical bill from my doctor or medical provider? Forward the bill to your Human Resources Department or directly to your claims adjustor.

 8. Does the Workers’ Compensation Bureau offer training for employers on completing the E1 packet?
Yes, the Bureau does provide training. To inquire about scheduling a training session call 1-505-827-2711 or 1-800-510-5093
The Risk Management Division and the State of New Mexico Workers’ Compensation Administration take fraud seriously. If you suspect or know of someone who may be committing fraud those concerns should be reported to the Workers Compensation Administration’s Enforcement Bureau using this form located on that agency’s website.