Intended Audience: This is an in-person, interactive training for supervisors and managers (state employees). There is no cost to attend and attendance is limited. For more information, including how to register, please email us at ADR.Bureau@gsd.nm.gov.
– Would you like your staff to develop a positive approach to work, particularly becoming self-motivated and pro-active as problem-solvers?
– Are you tired of individuals complaining to you about something they are unwilling to address directly?
– Have you fallen into the trap of “it’s easier to just do it myself” than try to get an employee to take responsibility?
– This workshop is designed to teach the basic concepts and skills involved in using a coaching approach as a management strategy.
– This approach is designed to both prevent conflicts from escalating and solve problems when they are small.
– A well-coached employee begins to handle situations without asking the manager to always “fix” relationships and appreciates the value of improved communication skills.
Facilitated by Cynthia Olson of Cynthia Olson and Associates, LLC. Cynthia Olson has had a significant impact on the development of mediation in New Mexico including initiating the Metro Court Mediation Program. She has been a mediator and mediation trainer since 1985.