The ASD Budget Bureau effectively manages the fiscal resources of GSD and its six divisions by developing and maintaining sound operating budgets for the agency, including both enterprise and general funds. Budget Services compiles information from agency operations and constructs annual appropriation requests to support agency needs to accomplish overall mission goals. Once budgets have been approved, Budget Services loads legislatively-approved budget information in accordance with state statutes, DFA rules and guidelines, executive orders, and administrative codes.
Services provided include:
- Offering fiscal support and oversight to agency divisions and executives
- Training for all agency leadership and financial staff
- Preparing and submitting agency appropriation requests
- Reviewing, preparing, and submitting Budget Adjustment Requests on behalf of all GSD divisions
- Preparing budget documents for legislative, DFA, and LFC committee hearings
- Preparing and distributing periodic financial analyses and reports to divisions