Intended Audience: this 1-day, in-person, interactive training is for supervisors and managers of the State of New Mexico. There is no cost to attend and registration is limited. For questions about this training or for more information on how to register, please contact us at ADR.Bureau@gsd.nm.gov.
– Would you like your staff to develop a positive approach to work, particularly becoming self-motivated and pro-active as problem-solvers?
– Are you tired of individuals complaining to you about something they are unwilling to address directly?
– Have you fallen into the trap of “it’s easier to just do it myself” than try to get an employee to take responsibility?
– This workshop is designed to teach the basic concepts and skills involved in using a coaching approach as a management strategy.
– This approach is designed to both prevent conflicts from escalating and solve problems when they are small.
– A well-coached employee begins to handle situations without asking the manager to always “fix” relationships and appreciates the value of improved communication skills.
Facilitated by Cynthia Olson & Marc Kolman:
Cynthia Olson is the owner of Cynthia Olson & Associates, LLC. Cynthia has had a significant impact on the development of mediation in New Mexico including initiating the Metro Court Mediation Program. She has been a mediator and mediation trainer since 1985.
Marc Kolman, MSPH, recently retired from a 35+ year career in state and local government, non-profits and academia, most recently serving as Deputy Director for Developmental Disabilities for the State of NM Department of Health. Marc is known for systems-thinking, sense-making, facilitation, and collaboration. Marc’s focus on personal growth and development has fostered life-long learning and an ability to lead with compassion. Marc holds a BA from Brandeis University and an MSPH from the UNC Gillings Global School of Public Health.