New Mexico Chief Procurement Officer (CPO)
Certification and Recertification Processes
To earn your CPO:
NM EDGE offers NM Public Purchasing Foundation Classes and Culminating Test (6 classes + test) on a quarterly basis in ABQ. Upon successful completion of classes and test, your name will be sent to State Purchasing from which your certification will be issued.
Recertification is required (per statute 13.1-95.2D) every 2 years (based on month of initial certification).
Two options for completing recertification classes:
- NMPPA Conference Recertification Track (included in the cost of conference attendance)
- NM EDGE Recertification Classes (2 classes) offered monthly through June 2016 and quarterly thereafter in Albuquerque and occasionally in Las Cruces.
Culminating test required:
- NM EDGE Recertification Test (1 class) will be offered for eligible candidates who have successfully completed NM EDGE or NMPPA classes. Copy of letter of completion from NMPPA or successful completion of NM EDGE classes as reflected on transcript will be required.
- There is a fee of 1 class unit to take the test.
- Must be enrolled in NM EDGE program to take test.
One-time enrollment fee of $50 to enroll in NM EDGE program.
If you have taken NM EDGE classes, then the enrollment fee was likely paid at that time. If in question, call us and we can look this up for you.
- A pdf or photocopy of CPO Certificate from NM State Purchasing must be provided to NM EDGE prior to enrolling in test.
- Photo ID required at test sign-in.
- Test will be 25 randomly generated questions, grade of 70% or higher required to pass, 2 attempts allowed, 1 hour each attempt.
- NM EDGE will email you an Excel document which you will need to complete and return. This information will be provided to State Purchasing after successful completion of your test and will be used to generate your new certificate.
- NM EDGE test will be offered monthly through June 2016 and quarterly thereafter in Albuquerque and in Las Cruces. See attached schedule.
Contact State Purchasing for questions regarding the recertification guidelines (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Contact NM EDGE regarding NM EDGE classes and test (email@example.com). See schedule at NMEDGE.NMSU.EDU