General Services Department Logo

This website cannot be viewed properly using this version of Internet Explorer.

To ensure your security while viewing this site, please use a modern browser such as Chrome or update to a newer version of Internet Explorer.

Download Chrome (Made by Google)
Update Internet Explorer (Made by Microsoft)

East Complex


 Lamy Building

Address: 413 Old Santa Fe Trail
Square Footage: 17,875
Year Built: 1878
Lamy Building Lamy Building Fountain

Customer Agencies:

Building Information:

Named for Lewis Wallace (1827-1905), lawyer, novelist, territorial governor of New Mexico and U.S. diplomat. Born in Brookville, Indiana, Wallace served in both the Mexican and Civil wars. He was governor of the Territory of New Mexico from 1878 to 1881 and minister to Turkey from 1881 to 1885. His famous book "Ben Hur" has been one of the best-selling novels in American history and was made into several motion pictures.

The Lamy and Lew Wallace buildings were once dormitories for St. Michael's School. The state acquired the properties from the school in the late 1960s.

 


 Lew Wallace Building

Address: 413 Old Santa Fe Trail
Square Footage: 18,924
Year Built: 1887
Lew Wallace Building

Customer Agencies:
Building Information:

 

The building is named for Jean Baptiste Lamy (1814-88), Roman Catholic archbishop in the U.S. Southwest. Lamy was born in France and was ordained in 1838 after doing missionary work in southern Ohio. He was sent to New Mexico in 1850 as vicar apostolic. He was responsible for the establishment of the first school for teaching English in Santa Fe, and he brought nuns and priests from France and the eastern states to establish other schools. He was ordained as bishop in 1853 and archbishop in 1875. He worked until 1885 in his vast region, which included present-day New Mexico, most of Arizona and parts of Utah.

The Lamy and the Lew Wallace buildings were once dormitories for St. Michael's School. The state of New Mexico acquired the properties from St. Michael's in the late 1960s.


 PERA Building

Address: 1120 Paseo de Peralta
Square Footage: 161,786
Year Built:
Started: 1964
Completed: 1967
Pera Building PERA building
 
 
Customer Agencies:


Building Information:

The building was formerly owned and occupied by the Public Employees Retirement Association. The building has five floors, two of them below ground. Within the building is Apodaca Hall, which is named for the first PERA board director, R. F. Apodaca.