Health Insurance header image

Instructions for Certificate of Insurance

Please note:  We do not accept verbal requests for Certificates of Insurance.  Therefore, the following information must be submitted Via Email to, in order to provide you with a Certificate of Insurance/or if you are having a special event and require 3rd party insurance, utilize K&K insurance (info below)


1.   Name of State Agency, Department and Bureau

2.   Event or Items being covered

3.   Dates/times

4.   Location (street address)

5.   Certificate Holder/Loss Payee information

6.   Type of coverage


Additional: What is K&K Insurance

The K&K Program provides low cost general liability insurance to “third party” users of various State venues and facilities for events. It protects both the user and the State against claims by guests who may be injured as a result of attending an event.  Events may range from seminars, receptions and weddings, to sporting events and concerts. Your premium quote is based upon the risk associated with the given event or activity, the number of days coverage is needed, the number of attendees and if there are any special requirements, such as alcohol liability, food service, etc. K&K Web Link


Mexico State Vehicle Travel Certificate of Insurance

If you are using a NM State vehicle and traveling to Mexico, you will need a certificate of insurance.  Please use the following steps:

1. Contact James Chavez, Deputy Director, GSD/TSD to obtain a Waiver for travel to Mexico (505) 660-5562
2. Send waiver & the following info to Loss Prevention Control Bureau via email to

Vehicle make, model, year, and VIN number

Destination Location and dates of travel Name of the Department or bureau traveling Contact person name.

Phone and FAX numbers coordinating the travel Each vehicle needs a separate certificate.