The Risk Management Division Loss Control Bureau (LCB) meets with insured entities to follow-up on compliance with NMAC 1.6.4,
the Loss Prevention and Control Rule.
LCB assists state agencies in:
- Identifying potential hazards
- Recommending solutions
- Frequent meetings with agency loss control coordinators. This commitment has led to; increased compliance with NMAC 1.6.4 and better performance in reducing the loss experience
These factors equate to lower premiums for public bodies and their employees.
- industrial nursing
- advanced ergonomics
- hazard recognition
is an important part of the LCB’s functions. The Bureau provides ergonomic assessments, boiler and H1N1 virus training and hosts quarterly loss control meetings for loss prevention and control coordinators on various loss prevention topics.
- Ergonomic assessments consist of adjusting an employee’s workstation to conform to the employee’s comfort and needs when working at a computer station.
- Quarterly loss control meetings provide timely information on safety, health, and loss prevention.
- Updated LCB website featuring timely articles on safety, health and loss control/prevention topics, guest articles and access to agency loss experience information. This website is interactive, allowing agency staff to register for announced trainings, closes trainings when they become full, and creates a training database for tracking employees who participate in trainings.