Paul Bardacke Complex
Two buildings or one? The Paul Bardacke Complex in reality is two adjoining buildings forming one office complex. First the east wing of the original structure was demolished and a new modern office building constructed in its place. Then, the 1934 west wing of the building was renovated and in the process a new standard for excellence in design was established. The 1934 Villagra building renovation achieved recognition by the United States Green Building Council (USGBC) as a Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design (LEED) – Gold level for Commercial Interiors. In 2006 this was only the third LEED-Gold Commercial Interiors in New Mexico.
Mr. Bardacke was formerly a partner of Eaves, Bardacke, Baugh, Kierst & Larson, P.A. and was admitted to bar, 1969, California; 1970, New Mexico and U.S. District Court, District of New Mexico; 1976, U.S. Court of Appeals, Tenth Circuit; 1978, U.S. Court of Appeals, Ninth Circuit; 1979, U.S. Supreme Court. Mr. Bardacke attended the University of California at Santa Barbara (B.A., cum laude, 1966); University of California at Berkeley, Boalt Hall (J.D., 1969). Reginald Heber Smith Fellowship, 1969-1970.
In the past, Mr. Bardacke has served as: Attorney General, State of New Mexico, 1983- 1986; Special U.S. Attorney for District of New Mexico, 1984-1985; Instructor, Evidence and Trial Practice, University of New Mexico Law School, 1973-1982; Faculty, National Institute of Trial Advocacy, 1978 -- ; and Special Counsel to State of New Mexico, Windfall Profits Tax Litigation, 1981-1985.
Address: 408 Galisteo
Square Footage: 59,023
Year Built: 1934
New Addition: 2005
1934 Wing Renovated: 2005
The building is believed to have been named for Gaspar Pérez de Villagrá, who was among the colonists traveling with Juan de Oñate, Captain Gaspar Pérez de Villagrá wrote the epic poem La Historía of Nuevo México, which celebrated Oñate's achievements